The following wash & care instructions for all in one cloth baby diapers are provided by the manufacturer, Bumkins. Visit www.bumkins.com for more details.
1 - Rinse
- After removing the soiled diaper from your baby, shake solid waste off of the diaper as best as possible (not necessary for breast-fed infants).
- Some parents prefer to rinse diapers in cold water to prevent stains from setting.
- When using the Bumkins All-in-One diaper, be sure to fold the velcro tabs inward onto the small loop piece beside it, to prevent the tabs from sticking to each other during the wash.
2 - Pre-treat
- Store rinsed diapers in a covered diaper pail.
- Pre-treating diapers while they are being stored before laundering will prevent most staining or odor problems. It is not, however, necessary.
3 - Wash
- Start by washing cloth diapers in warm water with your choice of laundry detergent.
- Diapers should only be treated with chlorine-free bleach.
- Pre-treating is recommended for only the diapers that require special attention, rather than adding bleach to an entire load.
- Chlorine bleach causes rapid deterioration of all fabrics, the use of it will void all guarantees on any Bumkins products.
- An extra rinse may be necessary if you have very hard water or tend to use more than the recommended amount of detergent per load.
4 - Dry
Use instructions when washing a cloth diaper from Bumkins:Order Bumkins All in One Diapers:
- Tumble or hang the diapers to dry, plan for a longer drying time than other clothing.
- Turn All-in-One diapers inside out, flipping the inner panel to the other side.
- If they are not completely dry after one cycle in the dryer, hang or air them to dry.
- Excessive heat from the dryer will wear the diapers out more quickly.
- Do not use fabric softener (liquid or sheets) as they work by "coating" the fabric. This will decrease the absorbency of the diapers and could cause skin irritation.
edovbrfw Date 12/11/2013
edovbrfw Date 12/11/2013
Cloth Diaper Humor
Cloth Diaper Accessories
Cloth Diaper How-To
Cloth Diaper News
Cloth Diaper Reviews
Cloth Diaper Videos
Cloth Diapering Multiples
Cloth vs. Disposables
Contests & Giveaways
Cost of Cloth Diapering
Frugal Cloth Diapering
Night Time Diapering
Sales & Specials
Traveling with Cloth
Washing Cloth Diapers
Diaper Junction | 1209 Baker Rd. Suite 301 Virginia Beach, VA 23455 | (757) 961-1400
Copyright Diaper Junction 2002 - 2014 | Website by iCreativeMedia