This is MY list of 25 things I never thought I'd do before I became a mom. What are some of yours?
25 Things I never thought I’d do before I became a mom:
1) Chart another person’s bowel movements.
2) Snuggle a baby or child who I knew would be vomiting on me soon, but hold them close anyway.
3) Scrub poop from the bars of the crib…the carpet…the grout between the tile…the bath mat…
4) Sneak cookies and chocolates when my babies aren’t looking.
5) Eat food covered in snot and/or drool because it was lovingly offered by my dear little one.
6) Pick someone else’s nose.
7) Spray and/or dunk a cloth diaper in toilet water.
8) Consider falling asleep on my husband’s lap while watching a movie a hot date.
9) Take extra time on the toilet (with a book) because it’s the only time I’ve been alone all day.
10) Wake up 2 hours early so I can be alone even more.
11) Allow a little person to sit in the bathroom with me because he or she can’t bear to be out of my sight.
12) Have said little person kick me out of the bathroom because she needs her privacy.
13) Be a working mom.
14) Attach plastic cones to my breasts and use a machine to suck out milk.
15) Breastfeed for more than 1 year. Breastfeed for more than 2 years.
16) Survive on less than four hours of sleep a night. Regularly.
17) Enjoy a trip to the grocery store alone as much as I would have enjoyed an afternoon at the beach back before the kids.
18) Check to make sure my kids are breathing a couple times an hour during naps and multiple times through the night.
19) Allow a baby or child to sleep in the bed with my husband and I.
20) Skip showers for multiple days in a row because I wasn’t going anywhere and things are so busy with kids that I just couldn’t carve out the time.
21) Wear sweats and Tshirts every moment that I’m not working—even when leaving the house.
22) Read Goodnight Moon five times or more in the span of ten minutes.
23) Be so excited to talk to someone who doesn’t have words yet.
24) Change a diaper at 2am…and then at 4am…
25) Have my entire world wrapped up in the two, tiny people who lived inside of me for 9 months and will forever continue to grow in my heart.
So, what are some things you thought you'd never do before becoming a mother?