I'm very familiar with this diet; during the weight loss challenge that I participated in I ate clean. Basically you want to get rid of all processed and refined foods and try to eat as whole as you can. Wholeness in this case equals clean, clean from anything artificial, man-made dyes and chemicals included. There are various aspects of the diet that can be tweaked to maximize your weight loss goals or health goals. The basic gist is this:
1. Eat five to six small meals a day; every three to four hours.
2. Avoid processed foods at all costs and try to make sure that you mix your meals so that they're balanced meaning good carb to protein ratio.
3. There's an emphasis on cooking your own meals because you know what goes into the food that you're making.
4. No refined sugars!!
Here are some links that you'll find helpful as you decide if this way of eating is something you'd like to give a go of!
- The Eat Clean Diet
- Clean Eating magazine
- Eating clean approved foods list.
- Eat Clean Sample Grocery List
- Eating clean for Dummies
Do you eat clean? What tips do you have to share with the class?