As I mentioned in my previous post, when I committed to cloth diapering the child who will grace us with her presence in early December, I went on a bit of a buying spree. I asked friends for recommendations, read blogs, and trolled every cloth diapering site out there. As my notes piled up, I created a list of just about every cloth diapering system, what seemed to work best for most people, and made sure I bought something from every category. Bases covered. And then some.
At the end of a furious few days of Internet shopping and subsequent days of ripping open packages like a 5-year-old on Christmas morning, I felt darn good about my stash. Sure it was probably overkill but Im busy. I wanted to be sure I gave myself every chance at succeeding at this whole cloth diapering thing. I wanted to be sure that I didnt give my but were going to have to do laundry so often husband a single reason to complain. And I was certain Id succeeded with the following:
- 12 OsoCozy - Indian Cotton Prefold Cloth Diapers (Infant)
- 12 Cloth-eez - White Prefold Cloth Diapers (NB)
- Handmade Fitted Diaper (NB)
- Bummis Bamboozle Fitted Diaper (Size 2)
- Wool Soaker (NB)
- Brown Floral and Raspberry Fleece Soaker (NB)
- Rosie Swirl Fleece Diaper Cover/Soaker (S)
- Bummis Super Whisper Wrap (S)
- Bummis Super Whisper Wrap (NB)
- Thirsties Diaper Cover (XS)
- Thirsties Duo Wrap Snap (Size 1)
- Polyester PUL Waterproof Cloth Diaper Cover With Aplix Hook & Loop (XS/Newborn)
- Snappi Cloth Diaper Fasteners (Pack of 3)
- FuzziBuns One Size Pocket Diaper
- FuzziBuns Perfect Size Diaper (XS) - with hemp insert
- FuzziBuns Perfect Size Diaper (S) - with hemp insert
- Charlie's Soap Powder - 2.64 lb (80 Loads)
- Rockin' Green Cloth Diaper and Laundry Detergent
- Grandma El's Diaper Rash Remedy and Prevention Jar, 3.75-Ounce
- Planet Wise Medium Wet Bag
- Diaper Pail
- Diaper Deodorizing Tablets
And then, a few weeks later, my co-worker (to whom I'd lent the sample pack of AIOs I'd purchased (and never used) when my son was born) emailed me to tell me that she'd found her stash of cloth diapers: those I'd lent her and then some more she'd purchased. What she left out was that the "more she'd purchased" meant enough diapers to diaper a set of triplets.
So, I added to my stash:
- 5 FuzziBuns (S)
- 3 BumGenius
- 1 Happy Heineys (XS)
- 1 Knicker Nappies (S)
- 1 DryBees (S)
- 16 Inserts
- 3 prefolds
- 1 Prowrap Classic (S)
- 1 Thirsties Duowrap (XS)
- 1 Thirsties Diaper Cover (XS)
Prepared? Understatement of the year.
Did I also mention the two wool sweaters I bought at the thrift store - with the intent of sewing myself a few wool soakers?
I do excess really, really well.
Now on to the process of stripping old diapers and pre washing new diapers - and hoping I can find space in our tiny third bedroom to store all of these diapers AND the child.
I'll be sure to keep you posted on those adventures. Boy Scout honor.