How to Make Your Cloth Wipes Pop-Up in a Container
There are many different ways to store your cloth wipes. You can store them wet, dry, rolled up, or popped up in a container or even in a wipes warmer. For me, the easiest way to store my cloth wipes is similar to a method used by many disposable brands, the pop-up method.
This method allows for the ease of a quick grab with a pre-moistened wipe. Here are some tips to making your own pop-up storage container of cloth wipes.
1) First take 2 cloth wipes and overlap them by half.
2) Next fold the bottom half cloth wipe onto the top by half of the other cloth wipe
3) Add another cloth wipe to the top of the folded cloth wipe
4) You will continue folding and overlapping by half until you have a stack of cloth wipes
5) Once you have a stack that will fit in your container or wipes warmer, you will then fold up the very top wipe so that it stick up a bit. This wipe will be the first one pulled from the container.
6) Insert the stack of wipes into your container with the scrunched up wipe on the top. This is the point where you can add a liquid to make the wipes moist. Simply pour your favorite cloth wipes solution over the wipes and let them sit and absorb the moisture. I like to pour the wipes solution down the sides of the container and put a little in the bottom of the container before I place the wipes in.
Voila, you are done! You have a container filled with pre-moistened reusable cloth wipes ready to be pulled for your next change. It is as simple as that!
Bio: Julie is a semi-stay-at-home mom to her handsome son J.T. who is 7 months old and wife to hubby Jered who is a teacher and pastor. J.T. provided her motivation to start Cloth Diapering! Not wanting to expose his little bum to all those chemicals in disposables and not returning to work full time, she was looking for a safe and inexpensive alternative. Cloth Diapering were her answer! Julie considers herself an advocate for cloth diapers and with her blog, My Cloth Diaper Stash, she hopes to share her passion and help others reap the benefits too.