Babywearing Basics, Care & Use
Looking for information on basic babywearing? How to care for your carrier? Can you wash it? What's the difference between the Butterfly and Gemini?
This post will give you the important details and tips on how to take care of that valuable baby carrier you love!
You spent what!?
Yep! That's what HE said. Baby Carriers can be costly, especially when you're on a budget. But they're worth every penny.
You do however, want to protect your investment. Baby is going to spit-up, drool, chew on and abuse your carrier. Diapers may leak and who knows what else, you''ll need to wash it eventually. But how?
Beco's Wash/Care Instructions are: Wash on DELICATE/WARM cycle with a mild detergent. Hang dry in well ventilated area or tumble dry on low and remove when seams are still damp. Spot clean when needed. Do not wash frequently.
Butterfly II vs. Gemini
- Separate hood (attaches with snaps) that protects even taller babies from sun, wind, rain or just gives a little privacy for a nap
- Removable infant insert, which can be used for even premature babies and on up to about 15 lbs
- Internal y-shaped panel that goes between baby and wearer. This creates a nice seat for baby to sit in, allows for easier back carries, transferring baby from one wearer to another (without taking baby out of the carrier) and also can be used to pre-load baby into the carrier
- Weight limit of 45 lbs
- Base snaps down to allow baby to face out while in the front carry position
- Headrest is attached and can be snapped down or left up
- Carrier is all one piece- no extra panels or inserts
- Weight limit of 35 lbs
How to use a Beco Carrier
Below we'll embed some useful Youtube Videos courtesy of Beco that demonstrate just how to use the Beco with a newborn, the Back Carry and How to Fold your Beco Carrier.
Beco with a Newborn
Beck Back Carry
How to fold your Beco
For a great selection of Baby Carriers with Free USA Shipping, please shop at DiaperJunction.com.